Coridium News and Updates

When News breaks, ... we fix it

Just a quick note. Been working on BASIC for the STM32G431. This port moves our code into STMCubeIDE rather than trying to move their code into our MakeItC gcc environment. With this we should be able to port our BASIC firmware code to new parts quickly. I'm at the point, that user BASIC programs are being loaded and run from Flash, and with that I can run our simple integer and floating point benchmarks. The numbers for the STM32G431 have been added to our benchmark table.

Continue reading...

A customer recently asked if we had a CAGE code. Well that was something new to me, but at the time no, and I checked with a friend who does DoD work as to what that was, and he said pretty easy to set it up yourself.

Luckily as a corporation we already had a Tax ID number, and for another client eons ago we got a DUNs number so l plugged them into the system.

And I have to tip my hat to Russell with the Defense Logistics Agency, who must have been working from home after hours granted us a number within minutes of the request. So now we are 8W2R9 in the CAGE system. Is this worthy of a blog post, well at least I will know where to look it up if I need it. We've entered all the data into the system and should show up there in a few days.

Continue reading...

About 6 years ago we did a port of our ARM BASIC to the LPC812. While we built a handful of boards, it never became a product, as the LPC1114 came along and became our focus.

Though recently we needed a smarter interface for character LCD displays, and the LPC812 was a perfect fit.

Continue reading...

A while back I wrote a couple line example for an IAP (In Application Program) access from BASIC. Tod took this and expanded it to access the EEPROM of the ARMstamp.

This code takes advantage of the inline ASM instructions in ARMbasic. In the LPC11U37 ARMstamp access to the EEPROM is only through IAP calls.

Below is the code for that.

Continue reading...

OSHpark got me boards before UPS got me parts. Both came together yesterday, so I built up 6 PCBs, sending some off to Tod and Olzeke beta testers. Grabbed a 4x20 New Haven display that was sitting here in a bin, and mated the 2 together. It passed the smoke test, and with a 1 line program, I could see the default display come up.(alternate lines on and off)

IO(3)=1     ' turn on Backlight transistor drive

Continue reading...